FSSAI Product Approval is the process of recognizing a product or food item fit for consumption and getting approved by the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI). Food product approval by FSSAI is required when the ingredients of the product are non-adherent to the guidelines and regulations of the Food Safety and Standard Act. It is compulsory for manufacturers to get their food products approved by the FSSAI. Food product approval registration is introduced for food items that are not stated in the Food Safety and Standard Act and regulations. Such items need approval before getting introduced to the market. Our experts will help you to get stress-free FSSAI Product Approval within a few business days. Talk to our legal professionals 24*7 and get the utmost solutions.
What kind of food business is eligible for an FSSAI state license?
When do you need an FSSAI product approval in India?
- The existing license holder whose product or item hasn't had its safety evaluated.
- Introduction of newly released ingredients.
- A proprietary item that must receive clearance before being sold..
Necessary documents or information required for FSSAI Product Approval:
- Name and address of the business
- Process or technique of manufacturing
- Brand name
- Ingredients and packaging details
- Contact information and address of the manufacturers.
- Types of business (marketer, retailer, importer, manufacturer)
- Product and country of origin
- Common name of the food product
What is the procedure for FSSAI Product Approval?
- Step 1: Forming a Company FSSAI Product Approval is, in essence, an intangible asset for any business or firm that enables it to manufacture or market a specific kind of food product in India. Additionally, each product approval requires paying expensive processing costs to FSSAI and is only given after a lengthy processing period. It has therefore been suggested that the FSSAI Product Approval application be submitted from any entity, such as a Private Limited Company or LLP (Limited Liability Partnership), in order to facilitate the transfer of the company or business at a later date with the FSSAI License (if required).
- Step 2: FBO License For companies engaged in the food industry, an FBO or Food Business Operator License is essential. You need to submit a copy of the FBO license certificate while applying for food product approval. Obtain an FBO license in the business name.
- Step 3: Test Reports Specific test reports from NABL-approved labs must be included with the Food Product Approval application. However, the claims made on the label and in other parts of the food product are verified using the NABL lab reports. Depending on the nature of the food product, different types of testing will need to be done.
- Step 4: Review the product's label A product label must be present for FSSAI Product Approval. It is not necessary to print the label if it is a prototype. It's crucial to confirm that the food product label complies with India's FSSAI requirements for food product labeling.
- Step 5: Submission of the Application The Food Product Approval System, or FPAS, can be used to submit an application for FSSAI Product Approval after all necessary paperwork has been submitted. However, it's essential to work with a professional when creating and submitting the application. To get your FSSAI product registration done with no obstacles, join hands with us.
You need to know before begin everything.
Along with the documents, you need an exporter and importer of the food items.
The license holder must renew the FSSAI State License 30 days before the expiration of the food license.
FSSAI license plays an important role in maintaining the food quality level, ensuring its safety, and facilitating satisfaction to every consumer.
No, it is a punishable offense as per the FSS Act, 2006.