Do you want to get your FSSAI license ready with a smooth application process? We’ve got you covered. The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) is the regulatory body responsible for ensuring the safety and quality of food products in India. FSSAI licenses are crucial for businesses involved in the manufacturing, processing, packaging, and storage, distribution of food products in India. FSSAI operates under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Government of India. It majorly outlines various guidelines and standards in accordance with the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006. FSSAI license or FSSAI registration depends on the size and nature of your food business.
Types of FSSAI registration
- Basic registration: Food business with turnover below 12 Lakhs.
- State license: With turnover above 12 lakhs and below 20 crores annually.
- Central license: With more than 20 crores annually.
FSSAI registration offers a food safety certificate and guarantees the security of food products.
Who is eligible for an FSSAI license?
All the traders, manufacturers, traders, restaurants, importers, grocery shops, and exporters of food items are only eligible for FSSAI registration. This registration primarily assures that food items undergo quality checks and ensure that they are devoid of adulteration or substandard products.
What are the documents required for FSSAI registration?
- Form B
- Form IX
- Address, photo ID, and contact details of the directors/ proprietor
- List of the food items to be manufactured or handled
- Authority letter from the director
- NOC/PA document issued by FSSAI
- Food safety management plan
- Partnership deed/ affidavit
- Declaration form
To know more about the documentation process: Speak to our experts.
Process for registration:
- Reach us and talk to our expert any time: Start with a consultation with our experts. Tell them what kind of license you need. They will guide you and help with your queries. Talk to our professionals and get the best legal solutions
- Submit the applicationYou are asked to submit the required documents with the application form. We proceed with this process flawlessly and keep you involved in further follow-ups and approval processes.
- Congrats, the license is issuedAfter the successful approval, the hard and soft copy is sent to your given address. This entire process will take a maximum of 1 month.
You need to know before begin everything.
The time of the registration process depends on the type of food license. For basic FSSAI registration, it takes 7 days. For state or central licenses, it takes approximately 30 days.
Food License is valid only for 1 to 5 years after registration, after completing 5 years it needs renewal.
In case, you miss the renewal, you need to pay a penalty of Rs. 100 per day. If you don’t pay the penalty, your license will be canceled.
Yes, you need a central license for the head office and a state license for another specific state.